Four volumes of transcripts of letters to or from members of the Queen's College, Oxford, 1651-1795, made for J.R. Magrath.
Transcripts of Letters made for J.R. Magrath
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. lett. c. 5, d. 31-3
- Dates of CreationEarly 20th century (transcripts of 17th-18th century originals)
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description4 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John Richard Magrath (1839-1930) was Provost of the Queen's College, Oxford. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The transcripts were given to the Library in 1930.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 40748-51.