Papers of Vaughan Thomas, including papers relating to Dr Samuel Wilson Warneford (1763-1855), the University of Oxford, and Stoneleigh, Warwickshire.
Vaughan Thomas Papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.add.c.88,c.184,c.190-1,d.77;eng.poet.e.7;top.oxon.b.18-19,top.warwickshireb.2,c.9,d.1,e.1
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Add. C. 88, C. 184, C. 190-1, D. 77; Eng. poet. e. 7; Top. Oxon. b. 18-19, Top. Warwickshire b. 2, c. 9, d. 1, e. 1
- Dates of Creation17th-19th century
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish, and Latin.
- Physical Description12 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Vaughan Thomas (1775-1858), Vicar of Yarnton, Oxfordshire, was an antiquary and philanthropist. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The manuscripts were acquired by the Library, 1877-80.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. V, nos. 29119-25, 29129-31, 29192-3.