From 1946 until 1950 CB acted as UK agent for the Büchergilde Gutenberg, at that time still in Swiss exile in Zurich. The organisation provided literature to German-speaking exiles, but also, from 1946-1948, to German prisoners of war. This series contains comprehensive records of CB's dealings with nearly thirty POW camps, and letters from the prisoners themselves. Originally in PCB/Box8.
Charlotte Bondy. Büchergilde Gutenberg
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 367 PCB/10
- Dates of Creation1946-1950
- Language of MaterialGerman English
- Physical Description2 boxes (44 folders)
Scope and Content
Open. At least 48 hours' notice is required for research visits.
See fonds level description.
Conditions Governing Use
See fonds level description