This sub-series is comprised of photographs of various families and individuals from the USA and Canada, principally the Traubels, the Bains, and John Burroughs. All the subjects have Whitman connections, and a number of them carried on a long-term correspondence with Wallace and Minnie Whiteside during which photographs were exchanged. Also included is a print of Dr R.M. Bucke, Whitman's early biographer.
Photographs of Walt Whitman admirers in the USA and Canada
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng 1186/11/2
- Dates of Creation1905-1950s
- Physical Description6 items; . 23 pieces.