This series consists of material relating to meetings of the Bolton Whitman group, particularly to the annual 'Whitman Day' celebrations which took place at the end of May. It includes some of Dr John Johnston's humorous songs, a programme, and various speeches and addresses to be made at meetings. Notable is Wallace's celebrated address on Whitman's 'Calamus' poems; and William Broadhurst's speech in memory of Wallace, Johnston and Wentworth Dixon, which contains useful biographical material.
Bolton Whitman Fellowship material
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng 1186/8
- Dates of Creation1889-1930
- Physical Description5 items; . 12 pieces.