"PRIVATE EYE" LIBEL CASE
- An article in Private Eye, 31 October 1975, alleged that Ralph Champion, former Chief of the Daily Mirror's US Bureau, had held his position as a sinecure and received a "swollen pension" from the Daily Mirror. It also described a purported drunken incident involving Mr Champion and Hugh Cudlipp at a public house in Rye.
- Copy Private Eye (31 October 1975)
- Correspondence between Hugh Cudlipp and Solicitors (1975-1976)
- Copy Writ; Memorandum of Appearance; Statement of Claim;
- Proposed Statement in Open Court;
- Proposed Apology and Retraction to appear in "Private Eye".