Badly yellowed carte-de-visite of a black and white photograph of a young boy, head and shoulders only. He has cropped hair, and is wearing a smock with lace collar. Badly discoloured to a brownish yellow in a large patch, the photograph is vignetted to the edge, and mounted on card with printed text underneath and on the reverse, along with a coat of arms.
Carte-de-visite of a young boy
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 7KDC/K/10/08
- Former ReferenceGB 106 CM Object/ 7/KDC/K/10/8
- Dates of Creation1873-1889
- Physical Description1 object
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Poor condition. Discoloured to brownish yellow in a large patch taking up most of the photograph. Small black ink flecks, a build up of dirt along the top and bottom edges. Some foxing, visible from the reverse. Extensive treatment needed. Production method: albumen print, hand cut and mounted.