Personal and political papers including papers of the Fabian Society, LabourParty and the Royal Institute of International Affairs.
GREAVES HAROLD RICHARD GORING1907-1984 PROFESSOR OF POLITICAL SCIENCE
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 97 COLL MISC 0462
- Dates of Creation1932-1953
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description49 folders
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Professor Harold Richard Goring Greaves 1907-1981
Goring was educated at the London School of Economics and Political Science(LSE) and the Graduate Institute, Geneva.
He taught at the LSE from 1930, having previously worked in business, a bank,and free-lance journalism. He was Visiting Professor at Columbia UniversityNew York, 1959-1960. Goring was also Literary Editor of the "PoliticalQuarterly". He contested (Labour) Camborne, Cornwall, 1935. Goring servedwith the BBC and RIIA during World War II (1939-1945).
His publications include:
- The League Committees and World Order(1931)
- The Spanish Constitution(1933)
- Reactionary England (1936)
- Raw Materials and International Control (1936)
- The British Constitution(1938)
- Federal Union(1940)
- The Civil Service and the Changing State (1947)
- The Foundations of Political Theory (1958)
- Democratic Participation and Public Enterprise (Hobhouse Memorial Lecture,1964)
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
Printed list and on-linecatalogue available
Conditions Governing Use