Cuttings and correspondence between Emile Littler and Bridget D'Oyly Carte.
Palace Theatre materials, ca.1955-1983
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 71 THM/73/3/9
- Dates of Creationca.1955-1983
- Physical Description1 folder
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
D'Oyly Carte sold the Royal English Opera House in 1892. The building was converted by Augustus Harris and renamed the Palace Theatre of Varieties. The building still stands and since 1911 has been known as the Palace Theatre. Emile Littler was controller of the Palace Theatre from 1946 to 1982, when it was acquired by Andrew Lloyd Webber's Really Useful Company.