Various versions of the published libretto for The Gondoliers.
Notable copies include:
- Probable first edition, with Bridget D'Oyly Carte note.
- First edition bearing a printer's error in Giuseppe's speech (p.45) which says 'but I don't know how to being' instead of 'but I don't know how to begin'.
- Copy with corrections by W.H. Seymour. Inscribed on cover with 'Mr Barrington's gags'.
- Copy of an American edition, with corrections in Helen Carte's handwriting. This version contains dialogue and a quintette (p. 45 & 46) which were later cut in subsequent versions.
- Copy with handwritten alterations to cast list. Correspondence (1964) between the donor of this item and Bridget D'Oyly Carte may be found in THM/73/14/10.