- 18 plans of the proposed Forth and Clyde Ship Canal, prepared by Sir W G Armstrong & Co Ltd, early 20th century;
- plan of railway lines at Yoker mains, early 20th century;
- 3 plans of 10ft field gate, Dubbs Road passing places, early 20th century;
- Clydebank Dock Railway connections, early 20th century;
- plan of engine pit, near Water Tank for Burgh of Port Glasgow, early 20th century;
- plan of cast iron columns for Aberdeen Joint Passenger Station Reconstruction, early 20th century;
- estimate of cost for engine shed and equipment, Dubbs Road, Burgh of Port Glasgow, early 20th century.
Collection of canal and railway engineering plans, early 20th century, Scotland
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Conditions Governing Access
Gift : Gordon Urquhart on behalf of Jim Porteous : ACCN 1755: 1997.
Other Finding Aids
Boxlist available in searchroom. Full catalogue is in preparation and will be catalogued as GB 0248 UGC 174.
Alternative Form Available
no known copies
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
none which affect the use of this material
Conditions Governing Use
Applications to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents.
This collection has been appraised in line with standard GB 0248 procedures.
These drawings were retrieved from a skip.
Location of Originals
The material is original
BBC Scotland intend to use this material for a programme to be broadcast in early 2013