The first of three volumes (see also NLW MSS 23702-3D) of typescript and manuscript accounts by women from Wales of their experiences in the Second World War, selections from which were published in Parachutes and Petticoats: Welsh Women Writing on the Second World War, ed. by Leigh Verrill-Rhys and Deirdre Beddoe (Dinas Powys, 1992). The material was submitted in response to an appeal in 1991 by the publishers, Honno. A copy of the complete archive has been donated to the Imperial War Museum, London.
Women in World War II,
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 210 NLW MS 23071E.
- Alternative Id.(alternative) vtls004404175(alternative) (WlAbNL)0000404175
- Dates of Creation1991-1992.
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Descriptionv, 350 ff. Guarded and filed.
- LocationARCH/MSS (GB0210)
Scope and Content
Readers consulting modern papers in the National Library of Wales are required to abide by the conditions set out in information provided when applying for their Readers' Tickets, whereby the reader shall become responsible for compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to any processing by them of personal data obtained from modern records held at the Library.
Honno (per Professor Deirdre Beddoe, Pontypridd); Donation (with NLW MSS 23072-3D); 1992
Title based on contents.
Preferred citation: NLW MS 23071E.
Conditions Governing Use
Usual copyright laws apply.
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru = The National Library of Wales