Commonplace books of Sir Michael, on various subjects including education, religion, history and politics.
Commonplace Books of Sir Michael Ernest Sadler
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Don. b. 30, d. 153/1-29, d. 154/1-22
- Dates of Creation1899-[ca. 1911]
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description3 shelfmarks, consisting of 52 parts
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir Michael Ernest Sadler (1861-1943) was an educational pioneer and art patron. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The collection was given to the Library through the Friends of the Bodleian in 1972.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 38722-73