The collection comprises:
- Memoranda and articles of association, January 1926-January 1964 (WTA 1).
- Signed minutes of council meetings with an index to some, March 1912-November 1993 (WTA 2).
- Signed minutes of committee meetings with an index to some, March 1912-December 1990 (WTA 3).
- Signed printed meeting minutes of the Wholesale Distributors Association, December 1946-January1947 (WTA 4).
- Minutes of the Federation of Wholesale and Industrial Distributors, January 1977-May 1987 (WTA5).
- Annual reports and accounts, 1913-1996 (WTA 6).
- 'Weekley Review', February 1940-December 1999 (WTA 7-8).
- Printed trade talks, October 1939-January 1949 (WTA 9).
- Other printed items published by the association, 1930-c.1980 (WTA 10).
- Case files, September 1984-October 1993 (WTA 11).
- Ink stamps (WTA 12).
- Newspaper cuttings (WTA 13).
- Printed books published by other organisations (WTA 14).
The collection, particularly the printed minutes and the association's published 'Weekly Review',provides a valuable record of the proceedings and activities of the association. Its representationof wholesalers and distributors from small independent operators to giants such as Courtaulds isreflected in these records. The records reflect the changes taking place in the textile industry inthe twentieth century.