Microfilms of correspondence between Sir Robert Peel and Queen Victoria, 1841-6.
Microfilms of Correspondence between Sir Robert Peel and Queen Victoria
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Film 1014-19
- Dates of Creation20th century (copies of originals from 1841-1846)
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description6 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Baronet, (1788-1850) was Prime Minister, 1834-5 and 1841-6. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The microfilms were bought by the Library in 1972.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A description is available in the Library.
The originals are located in the Royal Archives, Windsor Castle