Contains 27 eighteenth-century English poems by William Hamilton, preceded by an introductory essay and concluded with an index to all the contents of the manuscript.
Collection of poems by William Hamilton Esq. of Bangour
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt 115
- Dates of Creationca. 1750
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 vol. ([ii], 162pp.), manuscript. Written in a single neat eighteenth-century hand. Pp.ii and 158-160 are blank. Bound in brown leather on boards with decorated blind tooling on both outside covers and the spine.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
William Hamilton (1704-1754), of Bangour, the poet. For fuller details of his life and writings see the Dictionary of National Biography.
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased from Christopher Edwards in 2002.
Other Finding Aids
The poems are indexed in the BCMSV database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/bcmsv/bcmvlink.htm#bclt115