This collection comprises the rigging plans of a number of sailing vessels of mixed origin, although largely Glasgow built. It was formerly listed as NRA(S) Survey No.0559, but does not contain all the material found in that earlier survey. Ships built by the following shipbuilders are included in this list:
- Archibald MacMillan & Son, Dumbarton;
- A Rodger & Co;
- Barclay Curle & Co Ltd, Clydeholm Shipyard, Whiteinch, Glasgow;
- Birrell, Stenhouse & Co;
- Charles Connell & Co, Scotstoun Yard, Scotstoun, Glasgow;
- Clyde Shipbuilding & Engineering Co;
- Grangemouth and Greenock Dockyard Co, Grangemouth, Falkirk;
- Irvine Shipbuilding Co;
- Lawrie & Co;
- Lithgows Ltd;
- London and Glasgow Engineering and Iron Shipbuilding Co;
- Napier, Shanks & Bell, Yoker;
- Robert Duncan & Co, Brown Street, Glasgow;
- Russell & Co, Bay Yard, Port Glasgow.
The list has an alphabetical section by ship name at the front. The drawings are arranged by shipbuilder, in alphabetical order, and then by yard number order.