Contains an account of a tour of Europe beginning in London on Friday, 29 June, 1711, continuing through the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and Austria, and arriving in Hanover on 13 July, 1712, ending there rather abruptly.
Anonymous diary of an early eighteenth-century traveller through Europe
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Trv 3
- Dates of Creation1711-1712
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description78 ff., loosely bound in two gatherings with a few loose leaves, manuscript. Written in a single eighteenth-century hand. Some folios and versos are blank. Both gatherings bear a rubber stamp on the outer wrappers which reads "B M PERKS 332 KINGS RD".
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The writer of this manuscript is unknown.
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased from Henry Bristow of Ringwood on 15 July 1986.