- MS 656/1/1-19;D Letters (19) to John Kendall, 22 August 1950 to 12 July 1953 [Concerning scurvy. Letter 1 September 1950 enclosed photographs of cases taken at Archangel, 1919. Letter 28 November 1950 autograph copy of Marshall's medical report to Shackleton on Philip Brocklehurst, 30 July 1908 and typed extracts from Marshall's diary of the British Antarctic Expedition, 1907-1909 (leader Ernest Henry Shackleton)] 31 leaves, autograph
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Eric Stewart Marshal/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation1950-1953
- Name of Creator
- Physical DescriptionCirca 19 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The correspondence relates to the British Antarctic Expedition, 1907-1909 (leader Ernest Henry Shackleton) where Marshall served as medical officer and mention of Russia.
The correspondence is arranged alphabetically by recipient.