Records of Birmingham Co-operative Chemists including minute books.
Birmingham Co-opertaive Chemists
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1499 MID/1/1/2/6
- Dates of Creation1943- 1974
- Physical Description1 volume
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Birmingham Co-operative Chemists Limited was formed in 1943 as a subsidiary society of Birmingham Industrial Co-operative Society. The aim of the society was to take over the business of the pharmacies that had qualified chemists and to let Birmingham ICS run the stores, that did not have qualified chemists, as drug stores. The society continued as a subsidiary society until 1974 when it transferred its engagements back to Birmingham Co-operative Society.