The collection is comprised primarily of minutes of the Alcester Co-operative Society Management Committee and Superannuation Fund meetings, as well as reports and accounts.
Alcester Co-operative Industrial Society
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1499 MID/1/1/2/2
- Dates of Creation1910- 1971
- Physical Description9 volumes, 1 file
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Alcester Co-operative Society was formed in 1875 and its management was taken over by the Birmingham Co-operative Society in 1964, before being absorbed completely in 1968. At the time of the merger, the society had over 19,000 members.