Photographs of landscapes, game, safaris, etc., Zambia and Malawi, [20th cent.?].
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Afr. r. 236
- Dates of Creation[20th century?]
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description179 photographs
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The collection was found in the library's printed book section with no record of its donor or date of donation, though ithas been suggested that it came to the library in the mid 1950s. The majorityof the photographs cover the area of Zambia formerlyadministered by the British South Africa Company, with a few from Malawi.Individuals featured in the collection include:
- E.H. Cholmeley,Acting Native Commissioner, Mpika, 1905-1906, Assistant Magistrate,Tanganyika, 1913
- Robert Codrington, Administrator, North-EasternRhodesia, 1908
- Dr. L.S. Jameson, Director, British South AfricaCompany
- E.A.A. Jones, Assistant Magistrate, Awemba, 1913
- G.M.E. Leyer, Assistant Magistrate, Mweru and Luapula, 1913
- C. McKinnon, Civil Commissioner and Magistrate, North Loangwa and Awembu,1908
- L.S. Waterall, Assistant Native Commissioner, 1913
Bodleian reader's ticket required.
Collection level description created by Paul Davidson, Bodleian Library of Commonwealth and African Studies at Rhodes House.
Other Finding Aids
A handlist is available in the library reading room.
Conditions Governing Use
No reproduction or publication of personal papers without permission. Contact the library in the first instance.