1. Notebook beginning 'Iridescent Clouds', 15 Feb. 1887, with 'Notes on diffraction from Verdet' running from the other end.
2. Notebook with the title 'Ice Experiment', containing rough workings and a date of 15 Nov. 1887.
3. Small notebook beginning with notes on the 'Conductivity of slag wool and cotton', but mainly describing experiments on snow and ice, c. 1888.
4. Notebook with the title page 'Ice experiments Jan 1888', used from both ends.
5. Small notebook with the title page 'Glaciers' at the front. There is further writing running from back, with the heading 'Nature, some important articles'.
6. Notebook beginning 'Testing thermometers', Dec. 1889.
7. Copy of an article by Robert F. Legget, 'Early ice experiments at Davos', taken from the Journal of glaciology, vol. 13, no.67, 1974.