Comprises 23 autograph letters, including some with red or black seals, from Campbell to John Richardson dated 18 November 1800-16 April 1830, including 1 undated (with transcripts), and 1 printed portrait of Campbell.
Letters from Thomas Campbell to John Richardson, with related material
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Misc. Letters 2 Campbell (2)
- Dates of Creation1800-1830
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description23 letters (45 ff. with 44 ff. conjoined in 22 pairs) and 1 printed portrait, all held in 4 envelopes, manuscript and printed material. The material was formerly bound into a volume containing also transcripts of the letters, which is now shelved in a separate author/alphabetical sequence following the main sequence of Miscellaneous Letters.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Thomas Campbell (1777-1844), the poet, and John Richardson (1780-1864), the parliamentary solicitor, his friend. For fuller details of the lives and achievements of both men see the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
From the library of Lord Brotherton.