- Commonplace book of Eliza Cooper, mid-19th century, including copies of poems, late 18th - mid-19th century, many by members of the George family of Bristol
- Intermittent diary entries by a woman, probably a member of the George family of Downside, near Bristol, 1875-84
- Diaries of Elizabeth Hannah Otway (ne Batt), written mainly in Ireland, 1850-8, 1870-5
Diaries and a Commonplace Book, 19th century
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. misc. e. 1339-40, e. 1342-3
- Dates of Creation19th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description4 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The collection was given to the Library by Margaret N. Crompton in 1982.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.