Microfilms of Trevelyan's letter-books, 1840-65.
Microfilms of the Letter-books of Sir Charles Edward Trevelyan
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Film 1186-95
- Dates of Creation20th century (copies of 19th century originals)
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description10 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir Charles Edward Trevelyan (1807-1886) was Assistant Secretary at the Treasury, 1840-59, Governor of Madras, 1859-60, and Indian Finance Minister, 1862-5. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
The originals were formerly deposited in the Bodleian Library, but are now in Newcastle upon Tyne University: The Robinson Library.