This subseries includes correspondence, original drawings, reports, related text material, photogaphs and negatives.
Material related to Rose Shipman Schorlarship
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 71 THM/17/3/14
- Dates of Creation1960-1977
- Physical Description5 Files
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Rose Shipman Scholarship was a grant awarded by the Royal Institute of British Architects. This grant supported Richard Leacroft in his research about experimental theatres and new audiences in the United States and Canada. Leacroft toured both countries in the summer of 1960 in order to survey a number of theatre buildings. As a result, Mr. Leacroft wrote a report in two volumes:
- Volume One - A factual report on each theatre visited on the tour.
- Volume Two - Considerations, conclusions and drawings.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Contains outsized material located in outsize boxes and folders.