This series contains material relating to Mr and Mrs Leacroft's non-theatre related publications including research material, correspondence, illustrations on various media, dummy books, colour proofs, book scripts and galley proofs.
Architectural history publications
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 71 THM/17/11
- Dates of Creation1945-1977
- Physical Description7 outsize boxes, 6 outsize folders, 8 rolls
Scope and Content
This series has been arranged by publication title and in order of original publication date.
- THM/17/11/1 Pictorial Review Art & Architecture
- THM/17/11/2 Building a House
- THM/17/11/3 Churches and Cathedrals
- THM/17/11/4Early Architecture in Britain
- THM/17/11/5Historic Houses of Great Britain
- THM/17/11/6 The Buildings of Ancient Egypt
- THM/17/11/7The Buildings of Ancient Greece
- THM/17/11/8The Buildings of Ancient Rome
- THM/17/11/9The Buildings of Ancient Man
- THM/17/11/10The Buildings of Ancient Mesopotamia
- THM/17/11/11The Buildings of Early Islam
- THM/17/11/12The Buildings of Byzantium
This series had been held by the Museum of Childhood but was transferred to the V&A Department of Theatre and Performance in 2015 to be united with the rest of the Richard Leacroft Collection. It is because of this later accrual that the material relating to architectural history publications is catalogued as a separate series.