The series contains set designs, set marking plans, costume designs, watercolours and photographs by Richard Leacroft. Mr. Leacroft designed sets for a number of productions at Theatre Royal in Leicester between 1940 and 1947. All the sets were designed and painted by him as well. He used the stock scenery which had to be adapted as necessary. This series also contains photographic albums displaying all sets. Some photographs had been removed previously by Mr. and Mrs Leacroft to be displayed in exhibitions. The removed items are found in this collection in the series THM/17/6 Exibition Boards and Panels.
Set designs, costume designs and watercolours
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 71 THM/17/5
- Dates of Creation1930s-1950s
- Physical Description4 Files
Scope and Content
This material has been arranged as follows:
- THM/17/5/1 - Guerre de Troie
- THM/17/5/2 - Folder with a series of set designs for a number of productions
- THM/17/5/3 - Private Interprise
- THM/17/5/4 - Ixion in Heaven
- THM/17/5/5 - Publicity photographs of When we are Married for the first London production.
- THM/17/5/6 - Set designs photographic collection - 3 albuns, 2 folders and 1 glass negative.