Files consist mainly of internal and external correspondence covering matters such as the daily running of branches; visits to various branches in both the UK and abroad; product testing; production and production costs; accounts; sales and orders; property and leases; trademarks and patents; the history of the company; and correspondence with other organisations and companies regarding contracts, competition, investment opportunities and bereavement. Also includes proof and illistrations for the published history of the company titled "The Gourock".
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 UGD 042/12
- Dates of Creation1903-1972
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Descriptionloose papers, 3 volumes
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Files compiled by the company in the daily running of the business.
Other Finding Aids
See also University of Glasgow Collections