Papers including 357 documents relating to the financial administration of Normandy, including receipts for payment of wages and for other services, and orders for the collection of taxes, 1357-1511; 27 assessments for the payment of fouage (hearth tax) and other levies in various parishes in Normandy, 1369-1536; and a scheme of building work to be carried out in the church of Capelle-les-Grands, Normandy, 1444.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.ch.foreign156-540
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Ch. Foreign 156-540
- Dates of Creation1357-1536
- Language of MaterialLatin, and English.
- Physical Description385 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were bought in 1938, 1973 and 1976.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A description is available in the Library.