Contains 64 English poems, mainly eighteenth-century and satirical, or religious, together with Latin poetry and prose, some medical recipes, and a few stanzas of classical Greek poetry at the end.
Commonplace-book of poetry and prose in English and Latin, written amongst a collection of medical recipes
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt 96
- Dates of Creationca. 1710-1750
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish Latin Greek
- Physical Description1 vol. (169 ff.), manuscript. Apparently written in several different eighteenth-century hands. Bound in vellum on boards with some tooling, damaged. On the inside front cover there is a note, probably of ownership, which reads 'Georgius Devine/ Londinj Decembri/ 77(?)'.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The compilers of this miscellany are unknown.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased from Figgis on 21 June 1993.
In English and Latin with a little classical Greek.
Other Finding Aids
The poems are indexed in the BCMSV database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/bcmsv/bcmvlink.htm#bclt96