Microfilms of manuscripts of Aeschylus, with a few other Greek texts: collected by Professor M.L. West, with the aid of a research grant from the British Academy, for use in the preparation of his Teubner edition of Aeschylus.
Microfilms of Manuscripts of Aeschylus
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Martin Litchfield West (b 1937), classical philologist, is a Fellow of All Souls College, Oxford.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The microfilms were given to the Library by Professor M.L. West with the concurrence of the British Academy in 1990.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
M.L. West, Studies in Aeschylus (Stuttgart: Teubner, 1990).
The originals are located as follows:
- MS. Film 1839 - Cambridge, University Library
- MSS. Film 1840-4 - Florence, Biblioteca Medicea Laurenziana
- MS. Film 1845 - Milan, Biblioteca Ambrosiana
- MS. Film 1846 - Naples, Biblioteca Nazionale
- MSS. Film 1847-9 - Paris, Bibliothque Nationale
- MS. Film 1850 - Rome, Biblioteca Vallicelliana
- MS. Film 1851 - Salamanca, University Library
- MSS. Film 1852-6 - Vatican City, Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana
- MS. Film 1857 - Venice, Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana