Microfilm copies of continuations of the catalogues of Sir Thomas Phillipps' books and manuscripts and Sotheby's sale catalogues annotated by Mr A.N.L. Munby.
Microfilm copies of continuations of Sir Thomas Phillipps' catalogues annotated by A.N.L. Munby
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.film752-3
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Film 752-3
- Dates of Creation20th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description2 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Alan Noel Latimer Munby (1913-74) was a librarian, bibliographer, historian and book collector. Sir Thomas Phillipps (1792-1872), Baronet, was an antiquary, collector of manuscripts and books. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk).
Collection level description created by Susan Thomas, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A description is available in the Library, where there is also a card index to unpublished catalogues.