Correspondence of the Leigh family, 1654-1788, together with collections by Mrs M.G. Beachcroft on the Leigh family, especially Theophilus Leigh, and on Balliol College, Oxford, 20th century.
Papers relating to the Leigh family of Adlestrop, Gloucestershire
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 Dep. a. 55-6, b. 225, c. 562-85, d. 501-9, e. 261-2
- Dates of Creation1654-20th century
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description38 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Leigh family of Adlestrop, Gloucestershire included Theophilus Leigh (1694-1785) Master of Balliol College, Oxford.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The Leigh family correspondence is restricted, contact the Library for further details.
The papers were deposited in the Library in 1978.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.