Pocket diaries of A.D. Godley, 1897-1924, and of his wife Amy, 1893-1931.
Diaries of A.D. Godley
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.misc.f.603-26,g.184-209
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. misc. f. 603-26, g. 184-209
- Dates of Creation1893-1931
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description50 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Alfred Denis Godley (1856-1925) was a classical scholar and poet. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The diaries were given to the Library in 1973.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 46055-104.