Handwritten letter referring to key political events at the time such as the Longzhou Uprising. See accompanying typed document 'References to Longzhou Uprising'. The unidentified missionary 'Hugh' appears to be a missionary to China (presumed to be an unaffiliated missionary, although involved with the Emmanuel Medical Mission).
Letter to Mrs Spring (Surrey, England) from 'Hugh' (Emmanuel Hospital, Nanning, July 15th)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb102-ms381191
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 MS 381191
- Dates of Creation[?1929 - ?1930]
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 letter (2 double-sided pages)
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Emmanuel Hospital | Edinburgh Mission (by 1932 under Bible Churchmen's Missionary Society) [Source: The History of Western Medicine in China portal: http://ulib.iupui.edu/wmicproject/]
Conditions Governing Access
Donated to SOAS Library in May 2004.
Conditions Governing Use
For permission to publish, please contact Archives & Special Collections, SOAS Library in the first instance
David Hails (Archivist, OMF - UK), presented the material to SOAS on behalf of Ann Spring - who in turn bequeathed the material on behalf of her late husband.