Wills, probates, title deeds, etc. relating to estates in the West Indies,1815-1896.
Papers of the British Records Association (West Indies)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. W. Ind. s. 60
- Dates of Creation1815-1896
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description2 boxes
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Founded in 1932, the British Records Association exists to encourage and assistwith the preservation, care, use and publication of historical records.
Conditions Governing Access
Bodleian reader's ticket required.
Collection level description created by Paul Davidson, Bodleian Library of Commonwealth and African Studies at Rhodes House.
Other Finding Aids
Listed as no. 774 in Manuscript Collections in RhodesHouse Library Oxford, Accessions 1978-1994 (Oxford, Bodleian Library,1996).
Conditions Governing Use
No reproduction or publication of personal papers without permission. Contact the library in the first instance.
The papers were initially deposited with the British Records Association asfollows:
- Pre-marriage settlement, Grenada, 1839, from A.F. & R.W.Tweedie, London
- Probate of John Groscourt, British Guiana, 1838, from the Departmentof Trade, Bankruptcy Headquarters, London
- Probate of William Rose, Jamaica, 1840, from Stileman, Neate &Topping, London
- Letters of administration and will, George James, Barbados, 1815, fromLee, Bolton and Lee, London
- Title deed, Antigua, 1829 and probate of Eliza Meertens, British Guiana,1867, from Godden, Holme & Co., London
- Title deed, St. Christopher, 1826, provenance unknown (received from thePublic Records Office, probably war salvage)
- Title deeds, Grenada, 1874-1896, from Farrar & Co., London
- Will of Anthony Cunyngham, St. Christopher, 1843, from Preston & Co.,London