Letters and correspondence with foreign publishers, mostly about publishing the Japanese edition (July 1983); and French edition (June 1983). Including correspondence with Philip French, June 1980; Beth MacDougall, June 1980 concerning the book cover design. Also including various newspaper articles about Orwell and Bernard Crick’s biography, and the controversial release of an unauthorised biography of Orwell, written by Peter Stansky and William Abrahams ("The Unknown Orwell"); and copies of letters Bernard Crick wrote to newspaper editors, 1972.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1832 CRCK6/4/7
- Dates of Creation1980-1981
- Physical Description1 file