Traubel describes his visit to see George Whitman at Burlington; he learnt there that Mrs Whitman has Bolton ancestry, and asks the recipient if he knows anyone with the name Haslem or Haslam. He received a packet of notes from George relating to Whitman's early life; and gives a description of George, who loves Walt but does not understand him; George's memories of Walt's early life are general and vague, but he refutes stories of Walt's early dissipation.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng 1172/5/3
- Dates of Creation8 May 1892
- Physical Description2 sheets.