This subseries contains a bundle of correspondence which apparently relates to Alexander’s involvement in the Academic Assistance Council, and his assistance in obtaining posts for two German Jewish academics at institutions in England. Included are letters of reference for Karl Jaspers [Karl (Theodor) Jaspers (1883-1969), German philosopher] and Dr Werner Brock [Werner Gottfried Brock (1901-1974), German philosopher] from German institutions, and letters from the men themselves expressing their gratitude to Alexander for his help.
Correspondence relating to the Academic Assistance Council
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 ALEX/A/1/7
- Dates of Creation2 Jun 1933-12 Feb 1937
- Language of MaterialMost of the correspondence is in German
- Physical Description12 items; 17 sheets.