Comprises various essays on the control of the emotions, followed by several English poems and Jacobite verse satires, with various dates assigned to particular literary pieces, ranging from 1651 and 1678 to 1696, which is noted on the inside front cover.
Miscellany of prose writings with some poetry by various authors
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt 79
- Dates of Creationca. 1690-1700
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish Latin
- Physical Description1 vol. (134,  ff.), manuscript. Written mainly in a single hand, but with at least one other hand represented in some parts of the text towards the end of the volume. Bound in vellum with some blind tooling.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The compiler of this miscellany is unknown.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased at Sotheby's on 11 August 1987.
In English, but with some phrases in Latin.
Other Finding Aids
The poems are indexed in the BCMSV database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/bcmsv/bcmvlink.htm#bclt79