This collections consists of correspondence and papers relating to Myres's various activities.
Papers of Sir John Linton Myres (1860-1954)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.myres1-132
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Myres 1-132
- Dates of Creation1890-1954
- Language of MaterialEnglish, and German.
- Physical Description132 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir John Linton Myres (1869-1954) was an archaeologist and historian. He was Wykeham Professor of Ancient History at Oxford University, 1910-39. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were given to the Library by J.N.L. Myres in 1960.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full catalogue is available in the Library.