The collection comprises:
- Draft minute books of sub-area managers' meetings, May 1948-December 1957 (BEE 1).
- Signed attendance registers of meetings, January 1948-September 1974 (BEE 2).
- Printed issues of East Midlands Electricity Journal, 1965-1968 (BEE 3).
- Maps and plans showing: the board's area of supply, mining subsidence in Nottinghamshire, DCtraction feeders on Nottingham's tramways, and mains heating to premises in Nottingham, 1950-1990 (BEE 4).
- Photographs comprising one image of the principal officers and sub-area managers, and nine of the offices of the Mansfield district of the board, 1961-c.1978 (BEE 5).
- Graphic artwork created by employees for topical social evening programmes and Christmas dinner menus of the Ilkeston sub-area, and of the area's offices and electricity sub-stations, 1958-1984(BEE 6).