Letter from Colin F Campbell to the Reverend J.C. Pringle enclosingparticulars of 50 married men who applied for aid to the Church Army inSeptember 1906.
CHURCH ARMY MENS SOCIALDEPARTME;
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb97-collmisc0843
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 97 COLL MISC 0843
- Dates of Creation1906
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical DescriptionOne letter
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Church Army was founded in 1882 by Wilson Carlile (1847 - 1942), a curateat St. Mary Abbots in Kensington, London. Carlile founded the organisation inorder to '...take the Gospel to all, but particularly those suffering theinjustices of the age'. The Church Army is an Anglican society ofEvangelists. It is involved in the development of area evangelism, churchpainting, work among children and young people, the homeless and the elderly.It is a registered charity and its headquarters is based in Blackheath,London.
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
No further listrequired
Conditions Governing Use