Verses by and letters to William Parsons.
Papers of William Parsons
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Don. c. 81, d. 123
- Dates of Creation[ca. 1776]-1824
- Language of MaterialEnglish, French, and Italian.
- Physical Description2 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
William Parsons was a poet. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were bought from Arnold Muirhead and given by the Friends of the Bodleian in 1959.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 38953-4.