- MS 248/348/1-5;D Letters (5) to Jane, Lady Franklin, 30 October 1852 to 1 April 1853 [Regarding William Kennedy, search for Sir John Franklin, tribute to Inglefield] 5 leaves, holograph
- MS 248/349;D Letter extracts to William Kennedy, 30 October 1852 [Regarding his Arctic work] copy
- MS 116/10;D Letter to William Penny, 24 February 1853 [Regarding Penny's settlement scheme] holograph
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Joseph Bellot/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation1852-1853
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description7 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The correspondence comprises of letters to Jane, Lady Franklin, William Kennedy (Bellot's commander on the British Franklin Search Expedition, 1851-1852) and the Arctic whaler William Penny. The correspondence covers polar matters.
The correspondence is arranged alphabetically by recipient.