Notes on file: 'Mar 1909 Papers brought from Halifax from Mr [J] Edmondson's papers. Many of them seem to belong to Mr HJ Wilson'. Oct 1929 Seems little value HW [Helen Wilson]'. Includes:
* Manuscript translation from `Jeannel's book' on Clandestine Prostitutes (13 sheets; pro-regulation).
* Copy of letter from B. Crowther to Mr Gledstone, 10 Dec 1878, relating to the prevalence of prostitution in Portsmouth under the Contagious Diseases Acts.
Opinion of JB [Hohorde?] on the Contagious Diseases Acts, given 18 Jan and 22 Feb 1875.
* `Short note of conversation' between HJ Wilson and Mr Jonathan Hutchinson, FRS, 25 Jul 1902 (medical opinion on duration of venereal disease, etc; 4 sheets).
* Manuscript copy of three articles reviewing, CJ Lecour, Prostitution in Paris and in London from 1789-1870 (in The Shield, Nos. 8-10, Apr-May 1870; noted as `amongst Dr Hoopell's papers, Dec 1895', and `from Edmondson's papers, Apr 1909'; 12 sheets).
* Two copies of Position taken by the General Conference of German Societies for Public Morality, etc. (see File 1896-Jun 1898; one in French, one in English, and covering letter from HJ Wilson to Edmondson, 2 Sep 1896, asking for his brief comments).