Thirteen volumes of manuscript notes and calculations about magic squares.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 103 MS ADD 108
- Dates of Creationc1921-1924
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description2 boxes
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John Chaplyn Burnett was born in December 1863 to Charles Mountford Burnett MD and Emily Jane Chaplyn. He entered the Army in 1884 and became a Captain in 1893 and a Major in 1902. He received a DSO in 1900 and an OBE in 1919. He published 'Easy methods for the construction of magic squares' (London, 1936).
The papers are available subject to the usual conditions of access to Archives and Manuscripts material, after the completion of a Reader's Undertaking.
Other Finding Aids
Collection level description.
Conditions Governing Use
Normal copyright restrictions apply.