- Br MS 2/1 Miscellaneous manuscripts and printed papers 1592-1970
- Br MS 2/2 Miscellaneous manuscript volumes, commonplace books and scrapbooks15th Century - 1874
- Br MS 2/3 Miscellaneous sermons c.1730-1836
- Br MS 2/4 Sermons of Thomas J. Holland, Rector of Laurencekirk 1913-1948
- Br MS 2/5 Tracts, prayers, treatises and lectures c.1709-c.1939
Brechin Diocesan Library: Miscellaneous Papers and Volumes
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Diocese of Brechin largely covers the counties of Kincardine, Angus and Perth. In 1792 the Diocesan Library was founded to collect books and manuscripts for the improvement of the clergy. In 1962 the library was deposited with Dundee University.
Records are arranged within sub-fonds.
Conditions Governing Access
Open for consultation subject to preservation requirements. Access must also conform to the restrictions of the Data Protection Act and any other appropriate legislation.
The records were deposited by the diocese in the University Library in 1962.
Fonds level description compiled by Sarah Chubb, Archives Hub Project Archivist, November 2001.
Other Finding Aids
Descriptive list. Subject source lists and databases are also available.
Alternative Form Available
No known copies.
Conditions Governing Use
Reproduction is available subject to preservation requirements. Charges are made for this service, and copyright and other restrictions may apply.